Primero día

     I have never taken a Spanish class, so naturally I have moved to Buenos Aires to make friends and get my life together. My host mother, quite possibly the sweetest person this side of the hemisphere, has the privilege of translating my charade-like conversational skills into actual phrases. Considering my last study abroad in France was sprinkled daily with praise for my rather precocious fluency in the language, this year is going to be something like a South American slap to the face. (It sounds like ¡ay!, instead of ouch). No worries though, Argentina already has an impressively opaque collection of conjugations, palabras, mind-numbing irregulars, and the least Spanish accent Spanish could ever be, so everyone is just as lost as me :)
That being said, I have about 419 to become semi-literate in this language. Until then, I think I will tango my worries away while nodding and laughing at literally every single thing that comes out of a porteños mouth. Ciao ciao

Comments